Black & Decker CM5050 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker

Black & Decker CM5050 12-Cup Programmable CoffeemakerIf I could have waited for delivery, I''d have purchased this from Amazon. I don''t know a coffee drinker who will even wait for a day, much less up to two weeks for a coffee maker. That said, this would make a great gift for any occasion.

I''ve only had this coffee maker for two weeks but that''s time enough to discover quirks that might make it unappealing to others.

The coffee maker I replaced was the Mr. Coffee, IS series. It was great while it lasted, but it only lasted four years. I expect more for my money than that.

To comapare the two above mentioned models, both brew great coffee, and the B&D CM5050 brews 12 cups in ten minutes, where Mr. Coffee took twelve. That''s a plus if you don''t use the auto brew.

The B&D has a big digital clock; the Mr. Coffee had a hard-to-read analog.

B&D allows you to set your brew strength, but if you like "strong", it defaults back to "regular" at the end of the brewing cycle, so it must be reset with each new brew. Mr. Coffee saved the option; I liked that.

Mr. Coffee allowed a temperature control for the hot plate (a plus in my book), B&D doesn''t, and the coffee is scalding when you pour it. Mr. Coffee also has a special cleaning cycle, this B&D doesn''t.

The permanent coffee filter in the B&D is a great addition. I hesitated using it because of my poor experience with permanent filters. If you''ve rejected the use of these permanent filters because of a fine silt that settles in the bottom of the carafe, this permanent filter allows none of that. Use it; it will save money on paper filters.

I haven''t used the 1 4 cup brewing feature. I brew a full pot in the morning, and never drink coffee for the remainder of the day.

My main complaint with B&D is the preset warmer plate, but all other aspects are either equal or superior to the Mr. Coffee. So, it''s a matter of personal choice. I would have been happy to buy another Mr. Coffee, but I really expected a longer lifespan.

When I went "pot shoping", the B&D won because it was $10 cheaper, and I was already disappointed with the premature death of my Mr. Coffee. If this brewer dies at four years, I''ll look for a new model. So far, I''m pleased with what my money bought.

The coffee maker itself works great but the carafe is absolutely the worst I have ever had. You need to have a kitchen towel under it or you had better pour your coffee over the sink. I have resorted to using a pitcher to fill the water reservoir instead of the carafe to avoid water all over the place but what do you do once the coffee is made? Anyway--I would not recommend this coffee maker. Definitely a waste of $50.00!!!!

Buy Black & Decker CM5050 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker Now

Totally agree with N MESSMORE... a miserable messmaker from an otherwise reputable manufacturer. And I called B&D Customer Service to be told it was my fault... I needed to pour more slowly. So I did. And still had a coffee puddle. And No, they will not send a carafe of better design either. Sorry. Don''t waste your money here.

Read Best Reviews of Black & Decker CM5050 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker Here

I''ll start by saying the coffee tastes great. However, I can get great coffee from other machines. The problems start immediately. Filling the water reservoir is awkward at best and I end up dripping water on the floor, in the filter basket and onto the hot plate where the carafe sits. Then, as others have noted, pouring the coffee results in puddles on the floor. What a waste of money.

Want Black & Decker CM5050 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker Discount?

Was any usability testing ever done on this product? It''s almost impossible to pour the coffee without it coming out and spilling all over the counter. The inside of the pot is designed so you can''t pour ALL of the water inside of the pot into the reservoir -the water gets caught in the inside curve of the glass. Then, trying to get the pot into a position to pour the water is really awkward. These issues far outway enjoying the coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment