Purenex 1M-4PK 1-Micron Sediment Water Filter Cartridge (4-Pack)

Purenex 1M-4PK 1-Micron Sediment Water Filter Cartridge, 4-Pack
  • Fits most industry standard 10-Inch in line filter housings
  • Sediment Reduction
  • Pre-filter for Under-Counter, UV and Reverse Osmosis systems
  • 1 Micron

The item says "1 MICRON" in huge yellow letters, under that a in blue smaller print "2 LAYERS NOMINAL FILTRATION", then in tiny light grey letters it says "1st Layer 10 Micron Inner layer 5 Micron".

I am not too upset, they were only 10$.

Buy Purenex 1M-4PK 1-Micron Sediment Water Filter Cartridge (4-Pack) Now

Living in the country does have its draw backs. We started with iron water and then put in a cistern to collect rain water. It did have one problem which was some soil and leaves which were not trapped by the initial filter. But the 1 Micron filter clarified the rain water and we are absolutely spoiled to have rain water to wash dishes and clothes. The most wonderful thing about these filters is when you take a shower the water is actual clean rain water which leaves your skin and hair soft and your shower sparkling.

Read Best Reviews of Purenex 1M-4PK 1-Micron Sediment Water Filter Cartridge (4-Pack) Here

I selected Complete Filtration Systems from Amazon''s marketplace vendors for my 4-pack. I received 4 Flow-Pro FPMB1-978 1 micron filters. I was pleasantly surprised that this part number has an NSF symbol on it. This filter is for my well water since I live in a rural area. It is replacing an Aqua Pure 5 micron filter that did a pretty good job of removing iron sediment from my well water for 9 months. The Aqua Pure cost me $15 at the local plumbing store.

Prior to the Aqua Pure 5 micron, I had a GE FXUSC 30-50 micron filter but it barely lasted 3 months.

I''ll see how long the Flow-Pro lasts. I''m especially curious about how much of a flow reduction I am going to see in the next few months, since the Aqua Pure 5 micron was pretty consistent throughout its service life. At the price of $10 for 4 filters, I can afford to change a filter as often as every 3 months.

3-month update: my circa-1982 well/pump was on its way out, yet completely filled up two of these filters in the past 2 months when I overpumped the well a few times this summer. Now I''m on the 4th filter after replacing my 1-hp well pump. The filters would have lasted much longer if my well wasn''t having iron/silt and pump issues. I''m still very satisfied with these filters, and just ordered another 4-pack. It''s nice to have clear water coming out of the faucets and showerheads.

Want Purenex 1M-4PK 1-Micron Sediment Water Filter Cartridge (4-Pack) Discount?

I bought this for my RO system which has clear containment covers so you can look at your filters and judge the need to swap them. At this price, having clean water is dirt cheap.

Other than the great price, a major pro is that each filter is individually wrapped, then the 4 are re-wrapped keeping things clean. I''m uploading a picture of the 3 filters I changed in my R.O. system after just 6 months. That doesn''t seem like a long time, but please look at the uploaded photo to see the importance of changing filters regularly, including the 1 micron and the carbon block filters.

My only regret is that amazon does not stock a complete 5 micron / 1 micron 4 pack set because most all water filters start with a 5 micron to get rid of the pipe buildup, scale, and the junk the city sends you. Then they pass through a 1 micron later (along with perhaps a carbon block) to protect the r.o. membrane. So to do an effective change you really need both 5 micron and 1 micron in the same quantity for any water filter (air filters can also use these on high pressure / flow compressor installations which makes them very flexible as a filter media)

At the same time I bought a carbon block for my 3 "bulk" filter stages which really do need changing every 6 months.Watts 202000 10-Inch 5-Micron for Multi-Cartridge Whole House Water Filter with Solid Block Activated Carbon

A kit with a 5 micron, the carbon block, and a 1 micron would really be nice as it would deal with 90% of the RO systems 6 month change intervals. My in line TDS meter has gone from 4 ppm output to 14 ppm so I know its time to change numerically also. Someone should kit together the 3 pieces needed for most RO systems as they are cheap and simple to buy.

I don''t believe these are 1=micron sediment filters but they are as good or better than the 5-micron ones I was using. We will see how long they last between changes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment