Filtrete 4US-MAXL-S01 High Performance Drinking Water System Save 53% Off

Filtrete 4US-MAXL-S01 High Performance Drinking Water System, Maximum Plus Filtration
  • Maximum Plus Filtration
  • 6 Month Filter
  • Filters up to 750-Gallon/0.75-GPM flow rate
  • Quick Change filter replacement

Now that it''s installed, I really like this system. I''ve used Pur faucet-mounted filters for several years, and I decided to give a dedicated faucet system a try. I''m glad that I did. The flow rate and water quality are similar to that of the Pur systems that I used, but I no longer have a bulky filter mounted on the end of my faucet. Ahhhh, so nice. :) I picked this Filtrete model instead of their lower-priced versions that connect diretly into the cold water supply for a kitchen faucet for two reasons: (1) I didn''t want to reduce the flow rate of my main faucet and (2) I wanted a filter that also reduces lead content.

Overall, I recommend it but I do have some installation tips below and in the video.

My video provides an overview of the system (including what comes in the box), some installation notes and tips, and a shot of the flow rate. Here''s a quick summary of the video:

0:00 1:40: Overview. I show what''s in the box and an installed faucet in action.

1:40 6:48: Installation Tips.

(-) 1:40 2:40: Notes on the faucet installation. The included faucet is different than what''s in the main instruction manual, but there is a separate set of instructions included in the bag with the faucet. The faucet is very easy to install once you have an available hole in your sink.

(-) 2:40 5:02: Notes on the plastic cold water fitting that comes with the system. This is the longest section because I had issues with mine leaking, so I went and bought a metal replacement at Home Depot. All parts cost under $10, and it works great. I show the metal parts and how it looks installed.

(-) 5:02 6:48: Notes on filter installation. After initially trying to mount mine with the supplied screws, I decided instead to simply wrap it in a towel and lay it down under my sink. Works great, and takes less than a minute to set up. :) Seriously, you might give it a try before going through the effort of drilling and screwing in the filter mount.

6:48 7:12: Showing off the water flow and how quickly a glass fills up. I''m very happy with the flow rate of this system.

Again, I recommend this system. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment. Thanks!

Buy Filtrete 4US-MAXL-S01 High Performance Drinking Water System Now

Let me first start by saying I really do like this unit. It comes with everything you need to swap out a soap dispenser or sprayer on your sink and replace it with the included faucet to have fresh water at your finger tips. The only issue I had was with the installation parts.

Specifically, the plastic adapter that taps you into the cold water and runs the tubing from the filter and also from the faucet. The plastic adapter is supposed to twist on and in my case, it didn''t want to very easily. As a matter of fact, I was really worried I had stripped the threads, but after many attempts, it finally took and I screwed the adapter connector down as tight as it would go. Secondly, the mounting bracket for the filter requires 2 screws. Well once you get the screws in just the right length to slide the mounting bracket down in place, you still have to tighten the screws for the finishing touch. Well, guess what? The mounting bracket blocks the screw heads and I can''t get a good bite on them with a manual screw driver. So although it is attached, it''s not as tight as I would like.

When all was said and done, I had some slow drips that I''ve been watching from the plastic adapter which have appeared to slow down since installation. I''ll keep a close eye on it over the next couple of days and assess what I need to do, if anything.

As for the water itself...it tastes really good and is clear as can be. This is great addition to our coffee maker and pitchers. No more trying to fumble under the filter spout on the fridge, this beauty has a great stream of water that filled up a 2 quart pitcher in record time.

They say the filter lasts up to 6 months, so it will be interesting to track that.

All in all, it took me about an hour to install as the disposal blocked access to the soap dispenser I needed to remove. Not to mention the odd angles needed to tighten down the faucet to the sink once I got going under the sink. But, I still managed to do it and I think you can to.

Read Best Reviews of Filtrete 4US-MAXL-S01 High Performance Drinking Water System Here

I hired my usual handyman to install this product. I have the correct sink design to use this product you *must* have a hole next to the faucet where a handheld sprayer or other device would normally be found, otherwise it involves too much expensive work to have a hole cut into your stainless steel sink.

The handyman realized there would be an additional $40-50 that would need to be spent at Home Depot buying extra parts in order for this filter to fit and work right underneath my sink. He also expressed concerns about drilling holes in the shared wall underneath my sink that connects my apartment with the one next door. So I opted not to complete the installation at that point, and the product sits in the opened box, unloved and completely unwanted. If I''m going to spend that much money making this filter system work right, I''d rather just invest in a more expensive filtration system in the first place. So why did I rate this a 4 out of possible 5 stars? I don''t think it''s fair to rate a product a 1-3 if the reviewer was unable to actually use the product as it was intended, but it wasn''t necessarily the mfg''s fault.

Want Filtrete 4US-MAXL-S01 High Performance Drinking Water System Discount?

It doesn''t matter if you''re using city water or well water, there will always be risks of contaminants getting into the water supply, and that''s why I choose to always filter my drinking water. With Filtrete I know I''m getting a quality water filtration unit that will help to keep my drinking water clean and my family protected from water-borne problems. This particular model is slim and easy to install underneath even the most crowded sinks. Placing it between the garbage disposal, drain pipes, and water lines for faucet and dishwasher wasn''t an issue at all. The cartridge is easy to install and replace as well, and is made in such a way that there is little chance of making a mess.

As for installing the slim faucet that comes with the filter, I didn''t want to sacrifice my sprayer hose, so I took the two minutes necessary to drill a hole next to it, so that I could have the convenience of both. I actually like this setup better than having the entire cold water supply to the kitchen faucet filtered, as the filter not only cuts down on water pressure (which is normal and to be expected), but it will significantly increase the filter''s life, since only water for drinking will go through the filtration process.

Overall it is a great solution from a trusted brand.

Save 53% Off

Filtrete 4US-MAXL-S01 High Performance Drinking Water System, Maximum Plus Filtration

Note that this Filtrete under-sink filter system comes with a Maximum Plus filter, that has a 750 gallon / 6 month estimated lifespan but is capable of filtering out lead/cysts and not just sediment and chlorine. The drawback is that each filter is about 2-4 times the cost of a standard sediment/chlorine filter for under-sink units, but it is worth it for the added filtration benefits.

The installation kit is straight forward. I''d say that a homeowner with some intermediate experience with plumbing will be capable of performing the install. I read some other reviews complaining about the plastic water supply line adapter cracking. I''d recommend using only 1 layer of Teflon tape and not overtightening it! It is working perfectly in my kitchen sink, and I have another Sears under-sink filter that I''ve been using for over 10 years. The installation method and parts/quality for the Filtrete kit is substantially better than the Sears model.

The filter uses a quick-turn bayonet fitting, and it is very easy to remove/install and takes up hardly any space under my sink. Since there''s only 1 filter unit, it takes up even less space than a traditional 2-filter under-sink unit.

The filtered faucet spout is quite long, and has a long reach. The water pressure is exceptionally strong for this level of filtration. I was expecting mediocre water flow because it could filter out the smallest of particles like cysts and lead, but it was strong MUCH stronger than my Sears sink filter. The taste of the water is comparable to the water coming out of my Sears filter and this will be subjective because everyone''s palette is going to be slightly different. However, I''d say that the water out of the Filtrete tastes like the purified water I''d buy at the store under various brands like Dasani or Nestle (not to be confused with Spring water).

The overall build quality is superb, exactly what I expected from Filtrete / 3M, and it takes up hardly any space under your sink. About the only complaint I''d have is that the filters are expensive compared to the standard sediment/chlorine filters, but keep in mind that these Maximum Plus filters will get rid of a lot of nasty stuff like cysts and lead, so it is well worth the price.

Overall: 5/5 stars, this is a well-made filtration kit that hardly takes up any space under your sink. Just remember not to overtighten the fittings and use Teflon tape. If you''re not comfortable doing any work on plumbing, I''d recommend seeking the help of a friend who''s a plumber or a professional. If you feel adventurous, have the right tools, and are mechanically inclined, it''s not that difficult to do it yourself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment