KRUPS KM4055, 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker Save 30% Off

KRUPS KM4055, 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, BlackI believe that Krupps Coffeemakers make the best coffee. Mine was over ten year old and needed replacement. I didn''t like the all metal look of the Coffeemakers on Amazon and was glad when they came out with this black one. It truly makes good coffee and it looks nice too. My main complaint is the water fill tank in the back is small and hard to hit the right spot without spilling (see photo). This is why I didn''t give it five stars. The level indicator is also rather hard to see, and I have to guess as to how full it is. It seems like all Krupps Carafe''s dribble a bit, but I am used to that by now. I still really like it, even with it''s faults.

UPDATE: After a little more than a year, it died. I purchased Krupps all my life, but no more.

My previous Krups coffee maker was made in Germany and worked perfectly for almost 20 years. It finally died over the Xmas holidays after heavy usea solenoid apparently fried (I took it apart to see if I could fix it as I hated to part with an original German-quality appliance).

My new Krups works fine (made in China), but after a few uses I wanted to wash the carafe in the dishwasher. Lo and behold the carafe top could not be removed, and the carafe therefore cannot be washed in the dishwasher.

I think most people like to wash their carafes in the dishwasher every week or so to keep them shiny and clean. Not being able to do this is a major negative for this coffeemaker.

Otherwise I have not had any problems with the coffee it makes. But I would not recommend it to anybody who wants to wash the glass carafe in the dishwasherwhich I think most people like to do.

Buy KRUPS KM4055, 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker Now

As you would expect from a Krups coffee maker, yes it does make excellent coffee, but there are a couple of very annoying design flaws. The worst in my opinion is the tiny space you have to hit when you''re pouring the water in it. The lid is in the way which compounds the problem. The second concerns the pot itself in 2 areas the lid is not removable for cleaning and when you are pouring coffee from the pot, the steam comes through a hole between the handle and the lid and is uncomfortably hot on your thumb. The pot also has a tendency to dribble coffee while pouring. Another fault, although a minor one is that the stainless lid you have to close over the basket is very prone to fingerprint smudges. In all I think it is a pretty disappointing coffee maker considering the quality Krups is known for. *** Updated 11/8/2010 *** ...and after only 9 months the piece of junk DIED in mid-pot of making coffee. The heater element croaked I would assume. Krups has a history of making the best coffee pots available in my opinion, but this one really SUCKS for lack of a better description.

Read Best Reviews of KRUPS KM4055, 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker Here

I believe that people are not comparing the correct product to product. The black Krups is just a coffee maker. Model # km465 is a Krups Dahlstrom. Model # km5065, sold only at Wm of Sonoma and made especially for them, is a Krups Dahlstrom with more bells and whistles. It heats the water 21% faster. Important to research when making such an investment.

Want KRUPS KM4055, 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker Discount?

We got this unit to replace a unit we have had for several years that just got old. We have been using this coffee maker for 3 days now without issue. There are some setup concerns though. There is a water filter screen attached to the removable coffee v-cone that covers the water-filling area. Using the screen-filter greatly slows water flow as you fill the tank. Since we have a whole house filtering system I don''t see a need for this. It removes easily. The instructions for your initial use are very poorly written and totally useless. Follow the cleaning process steps for your initial water cleaning steps. This unit doesn''t drip. The black carafe edge does limit totally emptying the carafe but the amount of water or coffee remaining is very small; so, no big deal. At this point I''m very satisfied and fully recommend this coffee maker.

Save 30% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment