KRUPS KM4065, 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker Save 24% Off

KRUPS KM4065, 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Stainless SteelKrups KM4065 12-Cup Stainless-Steel Coffeemaker

This review is for the Krups KM 4065 coffeemaker. I believe this is the first of a new line of coffeemakers designed Bjorn Dahlstrom. At the moment, this coffeemaker is not on the Krups website and there is little information available on the web. I''ve only had it for a couple of days so here are my initial thoughts.

Pros:

1. Looks fantastic

2. Seems reasonably well built and the top door opens and closes smoothly

3. This has a different water gauge from the FM series and it works well and is easy to read (no bubbles).

4. I''ve filled the reservoir from both a Brita pitcher and from the included carafe without spillage. (That said the fill area is at the back near the door hinge)

5. Uses #4 Filters

6. Makes a great cup of coffee

7. The included carafe pours well

Cons:

1. Pricey for a unit without a thermal carafe

2. Programming is non-intuitive and a little frustrating

3. Manual could be a lot better

4. Like most stainless steel appliances, fingerprints may be an issue if you are not careful

5. Durability of main button to open top lid remains to be determined

6. Carafe seems a little light and the cover flimsy

Overall, I am very pleased with this beautiful coffeemaker. It looks like the design changes have addressed the water gauge issue with the FM series and so far I''ve had no leaks. The carafe works well so coffee spillage is not a problem and most importantly my initial experience is that this machine makes good coffee.

I have deducted one star due to the fact I''ve only had it 2 days and can''t attest to the long-term durability of the unit and it is a little pricey compared to competing units.

First disclosure, we take our coffee very seriously. Our household has two professionals with different work schedules that run all seven days of the week. We grind our imported coffee right before use and like our coffee strong, not bitter. A limitation we have is that the counter that is available for a coffee maker only has 15inches of clearance. The coffee maker we replaced is the KitchenAid KCM5340B which did not hold enough coffee for our taste due to a flat bottom filter. This Krups unit is the first coffee maker we found that is less than 15inches high but still offers a #4 cone coffee filter and 12-cup capacity. With regular and strong coffee settings able to be programmed into two auto brew settings; this coffeemaker meets the needs of our household that can average 6hrs between two coffee times needed daily.

Operations is smooth, coffee filter easily holds 12 scoops of coffee without grounds overflowing (The KitchenAid had grounds overflowing into the coffee with just 10 scoops for a 14cup pot.)into the coffee. Strong coffee setting makes excellent coffee without a bitter after taste. Coffee temperature is excellent with no bitterness after 2-3hours on the warmer. We are very happy with this product.

Buy KRUPS KM4065, 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker Now

I got this coffeemaker from Wms Sonoma, who JUST started carrying it. I was excited b/c I like Krups machines and I wanted a glass carafe so I can see how much coffee I have left! My (fairly new) Cuisinart coffee pot recently fried itself, so I am avoiding those out of retaliation (I loved that one and am so mad it died!).

Here is what I discovered with this coffee maker...it looks very cool indeed. I like the buttons and display. The "aroma" button can be used to adjust for brewing a smaller pot (1/2 pot or less). The coffee I brewed was pretty strong, using the recommended number of scoops. I had to run about 3 cycles of water through it before using it to get rid of the plastic/electrical smell inside of the pot. (Ew.)

Here is the major drawback about this otherwise cool product...it is LOUD! And I mean L-O-U-D loud! I kept thinking it was going to blow flames out of the bottom and take off like a rocket. So, even though it had all of the features I was looking for in a coffeemaker, I am returning it. My kitchen is already so loud and chaotic in the morning with small kids running around and yapping, that there is no way I can take this kind of noise...I will lose my mind!

But, hey, if you don''t mind excessively loud slurpy brewing sounds (and robust steam-release sounds) then you should give it a try. This machine''s noises may not bother everyone...or maybe mine was excessive...but I just thought some readers out there might like to know.

Happy brewing!

Read Best Reviews of KRUPS KM4065, 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker Here

I have only had this unit for a couple of days but my initial usage has been very favorable. I have traditionally liked Krups coffee makers but always thought that the FM series was pretty lame. This is a definite upgrade. I agree with the previous reviewer in that the unit looks great and is well built. The water gauge is under the lid and looks like an LED meter, I like it. However I did not find the programming difficult at all and I also like the "dual start times" for auto brewing. One for the week and another for the weekend (if you get up later on the weekend)

Yes, it does make a nice pot of coffee

What I''m ambivalent about is the lid to open the top of the unit (to pour in the water and the coffee). It opens slowly and automatically when you push the "open" button and is kind of cool but...my fear is that this could present a long term issue, but right now this is just a worry. I also would prefer if the lid to the carafe was removable for cleaning, it''s hinged to the carafe. But this is a minor complaint.

I am very pleased with the coffeemaker. It really is a nice design, looks great and makes first rate coffee. I give it five stars so far, if things change I''ll ammend my review.

Want KRUPS KM4065, 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker Discount?

My Krups ProAroma made it''s last cup of coffee with a big gurgle and sigh. Not a pretty picture for anyone who has dealt with me before my first cup of coffee in the morning.

I knew I wanted another Krups, and this new beauty caught my eye. But would it live up to my demanding coffee-maker standards?

This is a fantastic machine! Not only is it beautiful, but it makes the best coffee I have ever had at home, and possibly anywhere else. Since all drip machines basically do the same thing, heat water and drop it over your coffee, perhaps it''s the water delivery system that makes it so smooth tasting.

Someone said it''s very noisy...it is not.

Someone said when pouring from the carafe the steam can burn your fingers...not if you''re just holding the handle and don''t place your finger near the tab on the lid.

Someone said it''s hard to fill because the area where you pour in the water is small...I use a glass wine carafe and have no problem.

Someone said their''s leaked overnight...mine doesn''t.

The lid on the carafe is not easily removed and the instruction booklet says they recommend hand washing, even though the video on Krups website shows the lid being separated from the carafe and being placed in the dishwasher. I phoned Krups and I think they will be revising the video. If that is the worst problem I can live with it.

The procedure to set the different functions are a little vague. I''m sure you will figure out that pressing the Program button multiple times takes you to the various options. Press it three times to set the Auto-Off feature. It is preset at 1-hour which is probably all you want on any machine unless you like the smell of burnt coffee.

Bottom line, I love this machine! So I bid a fond adieu to my ProAroma with a smile as I savor what good coffee should taste like.

Save 24% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment