Essick Air #7D6100 4SPD Room SZ Humidifier Save 25% Off

Essick Air #7D6100 4SPD Room SZ Humidifier
  • Essick Air #7D6100 4SPD Room SZ Humidifier
  • ESSICK AIR PRODUCTS

Yes, the handle does mean the resevoir will not sit flat while you fill it. Honestly, this has been ZERO issue for me. It is easy to fill and easy to carry and set into it''s base with the built in handle.

More importantly, this machine does a tremendous job creating humidity. It will indeed go through three gallons of water in a 24 hour period on the high setting.

The various fan speeds and automatic humidity level are great features in a $50 humidifier. Can''t go wrong at this price IMO.

Buy Essick Air #7D6100 4SPD Room SZ Humidifier Now

I bought this humidifier and realized very quickly that it was going to be extremely difficult to fill the water tank. As others have mentioned, the top has a spoon shape that acts as a carry handle, but when you turn the tank upside down to fill it, you can''t rest it on it''s top! Holding the tank while filling it is awkward much less trying to hold it with one hand while screwing the fill cap on. This would be a nightmare for anyone that lacks upper body strength. Operationally the unit seems to run okay. I wish I would have bought one of the tower models instead.

Read Best Reviews of Essick Air #7D6100 4SPD Room SZ Humidifier Here

I used to have an Essick Air 336-500 that was just perfect--quiet, easily humidified my bedroom at the lowest setting, no problems with the filter, adjustable analog humidistat. Naturally, that no longer appears available.

This Essick 7D6 100 was a disaster. There''s an electronic humidity gauge that can only set the humidity in 10% intervals (from 25%), so you can''t fine adjust. That might be ok, but for the fact that there''s virtually no relationship between the machine''s humidity gauge and the actual humidity of the room, as measured by a separate instrument (and, frankly, the correct instrument according to my sinuses).

Even for my quite small bedroom, this machine was unable to adequately humidify my air. After running it continuously all night, the humidity reached 33% after many hours. I was running it at its lowest setting because even that setting is too loud not to interfere with my sleep.

The lights from the electronics on this machine are bright enough to light up your bedroom at night.

After 3 weeks, the water wick inside the machine literally fell apart, even though I never touched it. The wick also had a number of black mold spots on it. Granted, they tell you to use an anti-microbial with the machine, which I had not done. On the other hand, with the 336-500 model, I had simply used water filtered through a WaterPik carbon block filter and never had any bacterial or mold growth. I did the same with this machine and ended up with an allergy nightmare. There most likely wasn''t enough black mold on the filter to account for why it fell apart.

When I contacted Essick and asked them to replace the filter, they asked for a copy of my receipt and a picture of the filter. I sent them both almost a month ago and have not heard from them nor received anything in the mail.

Want Essick Air #7D6100 4SPD Room SZ Humidifier Discount?

Although it was somewhat difficult to fill as the other reviewers have mentioned, that really didn''t bother me. I had more of an issue with the bottle that the anti-bacterial liquid came in, which I found was nearly impossible to add to the water tank without getting it on my hands and you are supposed to avoid contact with skin. My sister has the same unit and poured the liquid into a pump bottle which worked much better.

Unfortunately, I never got to try that because by the time she gave me the helpful hint, my unit had quit working. I got it for Christmas and it lasted the rest of that winter plus half of the next winter for a total of about 13 months, only 5 months of which it was actually in use.

The unit still turns on but the fan will not run, making it worthless.

Save 25% Off

I have used this unit lightly for two years and it just went dead. No power reading, fan doesn''t run. Before this I found it a bit awkward to fill the tank and placing it back in the unit. This might be a bigger deal for older people or those with gripping issues with their hands. My biggest issue is that there is no trouble shoot for this issue. I am not going to simply guess on what part to order. I will just order a unit from a different manufacturer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment