Air-O-Swiss AOS 7017 Hydrostick Save 17% Off

Air-O-Swiss AOS 7017 HydrostickI bought 2 of the 7135 humidifiers. I also bought extra silver sticks. Then, air-o-swiss substituted this POS stick for the original silver stick. Here''s what I think. If you read this, it''s only my opinion, not based on any independent research, but partly based on some rumors I read on the internet. Form your own judgement.

The original silver stick allowed silver to slowly come off, thereby inhibiting bacteria formation (meaning, you won''t breathe in bad stuff). The new one is much smaller, just as expensive, and as far as I can see, I don''t know what it does. Read the current description, which I quote as follwos:

This advanced water maintenance system keeps your humidifier operating at its highest level between recommended cleanings

Good for one year, the Hydro Stick ensures your humidifier''s functionality while providing fresh humidification performance.

The Hydro Stick begins to function as soon as it comes into contact with water, even if the humidifier is switched off.

Using the Hydro Stick helps to maintain the appliance and improve the life expectancy of the humidifier.

Exchange the Hydro Stick a year after it has first been used.

Do you have any idea what that is saying? It says absolutely nothing specific about what it does. It reads like pure marketing verbiage, saying nothing.

The hydrostick clearly does not appear to have the surface area of the original silver stick. So what does it do, besides cost money? It seems like it''s there to substitute for the original silver stick. Perhaps the original silver stick started costing air-o-swiss too much money, because silver price went up. Perhaps air-o-swiss was no longer permitted to sell this silver stick, for legal reasons. But whatever, I do not see any specific function associated with it, particularly when the description for the new demineralization cartridge talks about inhibiting microbe growth.

What do you think?

This new hydro stick doesn''t work as well as the old (silver) stick. Using the old sticks & cleaning weekly worked great, but with this new hydro stick I''ve had to clean the humidifier every couple of days. The new hydro stick doesn''t seem to be doing anything it''s a total waste of money for me. I''d give it zero stars if I could. Sure hope they bring back the old silver sticks!

Buy Air-O-Swiss AOS 7017 Hydrostick Now

The hydro stick seems to work well and perhaps a bit better than the old product (ionic silver stick). It doesn''t seem as well fitted to the machine, however (I have the AOS 7135 and it seems to float around instead of snapping in).

Read Best Reviews of Air-O-Swiss AOS 7017 Hydrostick Here

I''m very disappointed with Air-o-swiss on this joke of a replacement. I went to BBB for a replacement stick and to my surprise they were all gone. I was skeptical about the new hydrostick''s antimicrobial abilities as it seems to be made out plastic. As suspected every few weeks I actually started cleaning moldy growth from my humidifier. I saw calcification build up with the silver stick but never mold or slime. Needless to say I''m very disappointed with this product and trying to figure out an alternative as I''m not paying another thirty dollars(with tax) for this product. Bring back the old one.

Want Air-O-Swiss AOS 7017 Hydrostick Discount?

I completely agree with other reviewers that these aren''t anywhere near as good as the original which came with my Air-O-Swiss humidifier. In fact, I''m not convinced they do anything at all. The original Silver Sticks were great at preventing slime and catching what little was produced. PLEASE bring back the original design.

I love my Air-O-Swiss humidifier, but after wasting almost $30 on this piece of junk, I''m not sure I''ll be buying another when mine wears out one day. This really makes me wonder if Air-O-Swiss will soon be selling junky humidifiers, too.

Save 17% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment