GE GXSM01HWW Shower Filter System Save 33% Off

GE GXSM01HWW Shower Filter System
  • Can help improve skin and hair by removing harmful minerals and sediments from shower water
  • Reduces chlorine taste and odor for clean, healthier water
  • Easy to install on standard 1/2-Inch shower head and pipe connections
  • Tool-less filter change
  • Provides up to 6 months of filtered water, change filter after 6 months of use or 10,000 gallons

Short Story: I knew there was a lot of chlorine in my water, so I only drink bottled water. Then while I was whining about my hair thinning, a friend says that `Dr. Oz'' was on Oprah saying that chlorine and other chemicals in our water can cause thinning hair. Off to Home Depot I went, but they and all other stores were out of just a filter (I didn''t need an entire fancy showerhead system). When I finally received this Model in the mail, I screwed it on, turned on the water and the darn thing popped off and broke. I returned by mail it for another one, but that one is very tenuous in its stability. I would highly recommend getting a good solidly made shower head filter. This GE model is cheaply made, which brings up the old adage, "You get what you pay for". I''ll let you know if my hair stops falling out later. I''ll also let you know when I buy yet another BETTER filter (probably soon).

UPDATE: Two showers later, the entire filter snapped off. Now that didn''t last long! I headed out for a GOOD filter head today! I ended up buying the "Culligan WHS-C125 Wall-Mount 10,000 Gallon Capacity Filtered Showerhead, Chrome Finish".

Buy GE GXSM01HWW Shower Filter System Now

As a person who used to suffer from extreme acne when I was a teen I still have some very tiny scarring on my cheeks that most of the time is unnoticeable unless my skin is dry. So going with a chlorine filter on my shower head is a must! This little guy does the job. I am a fan of a long showers and washing my face in detail. This means my showers are a bit longer but in the name of clearer skin its a must. This little guy helps a lot. My skin is softer, my hair is DARKER, and the soap lathers up really well for some reason. I thought it was in my head but apparently chlorine free water does that.... Chlorine plus an exfoliating scrub used to kill my skin now I look 1 3 years younger and my skin no longer has a chapped or sun burnt feeling. Now I can wash away and take my time. My main gripe is the thing looks cheap and awkward and that''s because, well, it is cheap and awkward! I think it could use a bigger chlorine filter or perhaps an activated charcoal combo filter.

This thing does the job. For the price I can''t complain. Its a great entry level shower head to see if this is something you want in your shower. I strongly suggest that you get a new shower head something a bit more on the pricey side. (not the 1.00 apartment maintenance man special) I have found that just blasting my face with water only makes my skin dry and kills my hot water heater also it could be shortening the life of my filter and weakening its performance. So if your going through the hassle of buying a chlorine filter and installing it, you should opt for a waterpik shower head and complete the setup. I did, now my skin looks great my light brown hair is dark brown and the women love it. Plus I shave 2 3 year off my face. Oh and shaving feels better because my skin is not chapped or cracked feeling.

I may upgrade later, its been a year using this specific model.

Good luck and happy showering.

Read Best Reviews of GE GXSM01HWW Shower Filter System Here

We just have a normal shower and a normal shower head, but the "strain" of adjusting the angle of the head was too much for the extremely poorly designed junction where the filter screws onto the shower pipe, and it broke completely off. How this thing made it through any R&D is beyond me.

Want GE GXSM01HWW Shower Filter System Discount?

I bought a lot of units of this product but I was dissapointed when the 2nd one I installed was broken from the base because is manufactured with a fragil plastic, when you tight the product you are in a big risk to broked up. When you don''t use it by several weeks, the water go out in a yellow color that make you feel the water is so dirty, I didn''t expect to have to wait until the yellow color disapear while you are dropping out the water.

Save 33% Off

I spent some time looking for a good filter for my shower. My water is generally very bad, and I started to have quite a few issues with my skin and hair. I used this product because it was the only one I could find locally. It worked for two weeks, but one day the unit snapped off at the joint where it screws into the shower pipe. Not repairable.

Spend the extra few dollars to get a shower head with a filter built in. Beware any product that attaches precariously to the shower head and water pipe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment