10" Beer Filtration Kit

10'' Beer Filtration KitI use this filter with a carbon filter for water flltration so I can brew with my tap water and bought cheap 5 and 1 micron filters for filtering the beer. It is beeing hooked up between two kegs (out and out pole) and one keg is left open, the other closed and some pressure (0.5 psi does it) applied. Beer then flows through the filter and comes out clear on the other side. I use the 1 micron filter for Pilsener and other beer that needs to be crystal clear, the 5 micron filter for the rest. When I got two kegs for filtering, I use the same filter, but discharge it after one use. The filters are pretty cheap (about $2) at

Ultimately, you may be able to get almost the same clarity out of your beer in other ways, but for me, as I move my fermenting bottles around before kegging and always get movement in the sediment, this is the best solution.

Happy brewing!

The unit works great with a little common sense. Both pin lock and ball lock fittings are 1/4 inch (as is the draw tube in the keg) so having a larger hose would be useless. Since the fittings seal when disconnected it is possible to purge all the air out of the filter unit with Co2 before filtering. I hook up the entire system an purge both kegs and the filter before putting beer in the system. I do not believe this setup would work with gravity alone. I filtered an amber ale with a 5 micron filter and it came out very clear. With the 5 micron filter I was able to filter 5 gallons in about 45 minutes with 5 psi (the batch had a lot of thrub hence the high pressure).

I would recommend this for the home brewer with a little experience.

The only bummer about this unit is that I use pin lock fittings and this uses ball lock (easy to change just had to purchase some fittings separately).

P.S. leaving feedback without actually using the item is pretty rude.

Buy 10" Beer Filtration Kit Now

I normally use a plate filter (with the coarse filter pads) to filter my home brew. I bought this since it looks much easier to set up and use than the plate filter (which it is). I was a little disappointed with the results though. It really didn''t do a good job at all. Reading another review, I wonder if I pushed the beer through the 5 micron filter at too high a pressure (about 10 15 psi). So the jury is still out until I use it again this time with a finer filter.

Also, for an experienced home brewer, the hook up is intuitive, but for a inexperienced home brewer who is filtering for the first time, perhaps including some instructions would be helpful. For example, I know to leave the lid loose or off of the receiving keg, but a first time user may not. And guidance on the appropriate pressure would be helpful too!

Read Best Reviews of 10" Beer Filtration Kit Here

Works great! this is a must have product for home brewing. Cuts weeks off the conditioning time and eliminates transferring between different carboys.

Want 10" Beer Filtration Kit Discount?

I purchased this to filter a batch of cloudy stout that I had made. Apparently the particles in the stout were too small to filter. But on a second use with a light beer it filtered out a large amount of sediment at 5 micron. I didn''t bother to continue to 1 micron that time because it''s a wheat beer which is supposed to be cloudy and I didn''t want to waster a filter cartridge. over all I like this filter for occasional use, but I don''t use it each time. Do your clarification with gelatin etc and save the filter to fix those batches that just need it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment