Soleus Air PH3-12R-03, Portable Air Conditioner/Heater/Dehumidifier/Fan Save 46% Off

Soleus Air PH3-12R-03, Portable Air Conditioner/Heater/Dehumidifier/Fan, 12,000 BTUsDespite all the negative reviews of this unit on Amazon.com, I found several other positive reviews elsewhere on the internet, and so I decided to give it a try. I''ll admit I was skeptical as to how this unit would perform, especially since it seemed to be much less expensive than other 12,000 BTU units AND it included heat pump functionality. That being said, I am quite pleased with its performance so far.

After the terrible process of having to return a damaged portable AC unit of another brand just a week earlier, I was relieved to see when this one arrived at my door in rather robust packaging. Lifting it out of its "easy open" outer box and inner cardboard crate, I was able to observe its features in person for the first time. The multi-color display is a nice touch; the bright VFD display provides simple animations of the unit''s current function, as well as a basic clock (used for setting the on/off timer), and the current temperature setting. The remote control sits in a holster on the back of the unit. I found the remote to be a bit bland, with all the buttons but the power button the same size and no distinction of the most frequently used buttons (i.e. temperature, mode) from the less frequently used extras (i.e. sleep mode, Celsius/Fahrenheit setting). The use of the remote is limited anyways since the display on the unit sits facing upward, preventing you from seeing what you are doing unless you are hovering above it.

Installation is pretty straightforward. The user''s manual includes several photographs of the installation process, which doesn''t differ much from any single-hose portable AC on the market. You simply screw the hose into the adapters and attach the adapters onto the back of the unit and onto the adjustable panel which you close in your window.

So now the important part: how it works. I found the unit to perform quite well. The AC function is plenty cool, and with three fan settings, you can adjust the level of output (and noise) to the current conditions. The heat pump also works well, and I was impressed with the fact that the unit waits to start blowing air into the room until the heat pump has begun generating warm air. That way, on a cold winter''s day you won''t get a rush of cold air in your face while the unit starts up. After your set temperature is reached, the unit shuts down completely (including the fan). Perhaps handy for some people is an auto mode which automatically heats if the temperature is below 68°F, dehumidifies if the temperature is between 68°F and 80°F, and cools if over 80°F. There also is an oscillation feature which helps circulate the air into the room.

As others have said, this AC unit is not super quiet. While in fan-only mode, the noise is minimal, but while heating, cooling, or dehumidifying, the exhaust fan in the back of the unit adds a considerable amount more. While nobody will be fooled into thinking a jet is landing, some may find it difficult to sleep with the unit in the room if it is doing anything but circulating air.

Just another quick note about draining the water bucket... be prepared to empty it no less often than most air conditioning units, regardless of what the manufacturer claims it can evaporate through the hose. I also agree with others who have said that the drainage plug is really close to the ground, so you may want to place it on a hard surface or elevate it slightly to assist in the drainage process. You do get a short hose and drip pan in the box to help you empty the moisture into a larger pan, but you may want to keep a towel handy as well.

Overall, this air conditioner/heat pump unit is a economical choice if you need all-season comfort in an area of your home. Various room-size estimations abound, some even rating this unit up to 500 sq. ft. My suggestion is that you use this unit for no more than a single large room, as you will probably see much worse performance if you try to heat or cool an entire floor with it. But for supplemental heating or cooling, you really cannot go wrong with the Soleus Air PH3-12R-03.

Got this unit today and for some reason the unit itself was covered in grease, something like a motor oil.

Anyway, set it up and powered on, after 2 hr running, the unit was blow AIR only even on COLD mode.

Called Amazon to get unit return and they told me I will have to pay $60 $80 return shipping charge for defective unit.

I will never buy and electric unit from Amazon again. I never have any problem to get full refund from other online retailer.

Buy Soleus Air PH3-12R-03, Portable Air Conditioner/Heater/Dehumidifier/Fan Now

I just bought this 3 weeks ago. After numerous window units I thought I would try a portable unit so I could direct the air where I wanted it. First of all this unit was difficult to install. The directions were terrible. I have had a lot less problem with my previous window units. 12,000 BTU''s should cool my entire living/dining room. It works okay if you are directly in front of it, but 8-10 feet away just so so. It is as loud as any window unit I have had. It does not cool down to lowest temp so compressor is always on. After running it quite a bit for three days I just had to drain the condensation holding tank which was an experience in and of itself! The plug is on the bottom about a half inch from the floor. It is below the hose so you have to remove that. When you remove the cap, there is no type of plug, so the water immediately begins pouring into the pitiful plastic drainage tray that is provided that holds about 1/2 cup at the most. With a 1.5 liter tank to drain you need to also have a bucket or a bowl and plenty of towels as I found it impossible to stop the flow trying to empty the tray of water into the bucket. Long story short, don''t waste your money. Way to expensive for the hassle. I''m going to go have a beer and make up with my dogs who are quivering outside after hearing my yelling of obscenities during the drainage process.

Read Best Reviews of Soleus Air PH3-12R-03, Portable Air Conditioner/Heater/Dehumidifier/Fan Here

This air conditioner/heater/dehumidifier is highly overrated by the manufacturer. 12,000 BTU should make your home feel like a refrigerator. It doesn''t! It doesn''t come close to the air cooling capacity of window units with less than half this rating. The drainage outlet is located way too close to the floor thereby not allowing for a hose to drain properly without elevating the unit. While there is a condensation overflow tank drainage again is an issue. I ran the unit for a solid eight hours at the lowest temperature setting/highest fan speed and the first floor of my small home was only marginally cooler. I was very disappointed as I had hoped this was the answer to both my cooling and heating needs.

Want Soleus Air PH3-12R-03, Portable Air Conditioner/Heater/Dehumidifier/Fan Discount?

I had this AC unit for less than 1 months and it now SCREAMS! due to a bad pump. The manufacturer said they would "look at it" but I had to pay the shipping cost to ship to them in CA. Not worth the cost of the shipping, Total waste of money. NEVER buy from Soleus! Crap manufacturing, cheap plastic parts. poor warranty service. $400 just thrown away for something that only work for 2 months at best! I''d give zero stars if I could! DO NOT BUY, you have been warned!!!!!!

Save 46% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment