iSpring 3-Stage 20" Whole House Water Filter 1" NPT Carbon Save 15% Off

iSpring 3-Stage 20'' Whole House Water Filter 1'' NPT Carbon with Clear Housing on First Stage
  • Three Stages of filtration in 20" housings
  • Removes a wide range of contaminants, including Sediment, Chlorine and Organic chemicals
  • 1" inlet/outlet for big flow with NEW all-metal fittings!!!
  • Pressure Release Button for fast release of the whole house water filter pressure
  • Standard replacement cartridges 2.5" x 20" (one set of three is already included: 1 Sediment + 1 GAC Carbon + 1 CTO Carbon).

This filter is a good idea and fairly priced, however the fittings that thread into each end are poorly manufactured and thought out. The 1" NPT pipe fitting has to be screwed in to rubber washers on each end, no the directions don''t say this there are no directions included, after several trial and error attempts I found one side needed two washers and the other side needed three, there were five washers included. The supplied fittings are for 1" NPT fittings to be threaded in, I used PEX fittings with teflon tape and they both leaked. No amount of tightening would stop the leaks, they were really tight too. I finally took them out, cleaned off the tape and put red Loctite on them and let them dry over night, problem solved, no leaks at the fittings. I already had to replace one of the O rings on the filter as is was cut from the factory, I found the bad O ring before I Installed the filters after taking their wrappers off. There isn''t anything to hold them in place and you have to very carefull they don''t slip out of place when you screw the cartridge back on. The filter seems to work fine, but it''s like a lot of stuff from China, second rate. You can make it work if you really want to. I think I''d pass next time though.

Buy iSpring 3-Stage 20" Whole House Water Filter 1" NPT Carbon Now

Once I got this product installed I really like it regarding water quality. The assembly instructions were very bad and there were extra washers in the pack that we didn''t know what to do with. My buddy has been a plumber for many years and we continued to agree and disagree on what to do with the extra washers etc. We threaded it on several times with two washer and then with one until we settled on what we felt would work... we were lucky and the unit did not leak so I feel we guessed accurately. Putting this thing together should be a very easy thing to do without much previous knowledge. The lack of directions and extra parts actually made it worse. If we had used our common sense rather than try to follow directions it would have been done much sooner... that all being said the worse thing about this product is installing the filters. You have to line the filter up with the center bottom of the glass tube and the center of the base unit... when you thread the glass tube up inside the unit the filter falls to one side forcing it to be not aligned... It takes about 10-15 trys per filter to get it to sit in the center and thread the bowl on... about put me over the edge. I guess I will have to deal with that every six months. My friend has more patience than me and that helped. You might need a six pack to calm your nerves first.

Bottom line,

1) very poor directions

2) Extra parts you end up needing after throwing away directions and doing it the way you feel best.

3) Filter alignment issues that will make you crazy.

4) Very good price

5) Very good water

It only took us a couple of hours to install. Had to redirect plumbing and add shutoff valves on both sides plus I added a bypass valve to eliminate if I didnt like it. Wish my outside hose bibs were on separate lines. They were not in my house so I have filtered water to clean cars and water garden... not best case and will eventually rerun these lines. If building a new house make sure those lines outside hose bibs are dedicated lines so you can separate them and only filter inside water.

Once it is installed you only have to deal with it every six months. Invite a patient friend over for a beer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment