Holmes HM1700 2-Gallon Cool Mist Humidifier

Holmes HM1700 2-Gallon Cool Mist HumidifierI''ve had this machine for a few years now and since I was getting a couple more filters, which are ridiculously easy to find on-line, I thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

Yes, the tank only lasts about a day and a half, but that is what you want with any machine in this style. The longer a filter sits in water, the quicker it will get moldy (any filter will do this sitting in water). Regularly run dry and leave running without water a couple hours to dry out the filter and it will last longer for you. I let mine run w/o water while at work and generally replace the filter once per season even though I don''t need to.

The tank is easy to fill, doesn''t drip when carrying from the sink to humidifier and is easily placed back on. While its definately not quiet, the "Low" setting provides a modest amount of background white noise to doze of and sleep comfortably (which I like). Overall I think its an excellant design.

You get what you pay for. It is great for larger rooms, but it definitely does not last anywhere near 24 hours on a fill. Its more like 8. It can be a little loud, but it does work very well, and you can immediately feel the effects.

Buy Holmes HM1700 2-Gallon Cool Mist Humidifier Now

Mine has been running 24/7 for over 4 years. Only problem is "valve" inside cap disintegrated 6-9 months ago -just be quick in flipping tank. Minor problem.

.

Am replacing with same model (fan motor wearing after running 35,000+ hours). Live in semi-arid climate, in 300+ sq ft studio apartment, need moist air due to asthma. Many people comment on "softness" of air compared to building corridor.

.

Yes, is loud. Run on high during day, low at night. You get used to it.

.

Fill 2+ times daily -morning, late afternoon, top off at bedtime. Have VERY "hard" tap water (mineral salts rich), so filters fill up with salts quickly and need replacing every 4-6 weeks (depends how much evaporation leaving salts behind).

.

Filters easy to find -Amazon or Holmes. Can request mailing list at Holmes for sales brochures on filters.

.

Best humidifier ever had (had 1 gallon to 13 gallon units). Easy to use and operate. Recommend it highly.

Read Best Reviews of Holmes HM1700 2-Gallon Cool Mist Humidifier Here

I believe it says: "Whisper Quiet" on the box. I guess it''s "whisper quiet" when I''m three rooms over in the Kitchen with the dishwasher running! Even on the low setting, this humidifier is unbearably loud!

Want Holmes HM1700 2-Gallon Cool Mist Humidifier Discount?

I loved this humidifier until I broke the tank while filling it. It was perfect for my baby''s room -it provided a lot of moisture in his room (almost tropical) and in the summer, I took the tank off and removed the filter and used the fan noise for his naps (great white noise). I am going to buy another one immediately. If you need to add humidity to a room and like white noise this one is for you -just make sure you are holding it securely when filling the tank.

0 comments:

Post a Comment