Cuisinart DCC-2750 Extreme Brew 10-Cup Thermal Programmable Coffeemaker Save 51% Off

Cuisinart DCC-2750 Extreme Brew 10-Cup Thermal Programmable Coffeemaker, SilverLet me first say that I have been struggling to find a coffee maker which meets my needs. Everyone has particular "must haves" when they are looking to buy something and for me, I needed to find a coffee maker that: (1) met my budget (2) made a nice strong cup of coffee and (3) definitely did not have a glass carafe since I''m a total klutz and keep breaking them. Everything else for me was less than important so I put those aside as little annoyances. This one finally met my needs. And if you want to see more of the details of any coffee maker, no matter where you end up buying it, I would recommend going on Zappos to look at the model, they have a video of this one which goes through the various features of this appliance.

As far as addressing some of the negative comments I have seen on it, I think some of them are not necessarily "poor" design but "intentional" design. First, the lid is a bit difficult to turn, however, it is a very tight seal and that''s necessary when you are counting on thermal to keep the coffee warm. However, turning it is a little difficult, but hey, it is not SO hard, and I have bad joints so if I can do it I don''t see how it would be an issue for others. I absolutely never had a problem "lining it up" either, not once. Second, yes, I agree with others that to pour the coffee out you do need to pour it on a sharp angle, and the last bit of coffee is hard to get out. Again, the reason is that with this thermal design there is a large inner lip. This is effective again to keep the coffee fresh and warm. When I get to my last cup, I simply take the lid OFF and pour at a completely 180 degree angle to get it all out. I mean you are going to take the lid off at this point ANYWAY to wash the pot. Not a big deal for me. I have a lot of counter space so fitting it under a cabinet and opening the top isn''t an issue, my coffee makers were never under cabinets. Most of them are top loading, I think folks commenting on this may be in small spaces and should be looking for smaller models or models that fit the need for under cabinet use.

In terms of the coffee staying warm, it was always pretty warm for when I had a few cups. I am not sure some on here are following the directions but since this is a thermal unit, you should whoosh around some hot water in the pot to warm the inside and then dump it right before you start the brewing. If you start with an ice cold metal pot, I doubt you will get the same thermal effect. And yes, the dial is hard to see. This isn''t like a night light thing or something you should be using as a clock. I think for the most part you set it and forget it. I''ve seen some complain about the clock being too bright on other models so if this is important to you I guess you need to put that as a criteria when picking a model out.

I like the Strong brew and the 1 to 4 cup options. The coffee made a pot very quickly and it was hot. I know some use the coffee pot itself to pour water into the unit. I never did that so for me this isn''t an issue either. I tend to take my large mug, fill that water, and pour it in. This is because I have this down to an exact science for how much coffee one of my mugs needs (my mugs are not equal to the guage of cups on coffee makers). But if you plan to use the carafe as your water dispensing vehicle, I can see how this type of carafe with it''s thermal design might be difficult.

Anyway, I''m very happy with this unit. I don''t give anything 5 stars unless something is near perfect. So if there were 4 and a half I could give, I would put this model at that level. All in all I feel I made a good purchase which very much meets my needs.

I just purchased this coffeemaker from another retailer. I had a similar Cuisinart for several years and was very satisfied with its looks and performance, but I wanted one with a thermal carafe because I don''t like coffee that has sat on a hotplate and I got tired of pouring the coffee into a separate thermal carafe every morning. This model has so far been great except for a couple of minor things. I don''t share any of the previous reviewers complaints except for one: it is difficult to pour out the last 1/4 cup of coffee from the pot.

The two other things I don''t like about it are 1) the silver finish looks cheap to me; not like my other Cuisinart, which had the same finish as a nice stainless steel appliance, and 2) it doesn''t keep the coffee hot for very long. Not much of a problem because we usually drink our pot of coffee within an hour or two.

Follow-up: I am downgrading my review from 4 stars to 3. After using this coffee maker for a few months, I have to say, it''s not very good. I have had trouble pouring the coffee without it dribbling down the side and all over the counter. Then discovered the cause: The coffeemaker''s water reservoir holds more water than the carafe holds. The solution is to fill it only to the 9-cup line on the side of the machine. This is the only way to prevent overfilling the carafe (and making a huge mess), even though it is supposed to be a 10-cup pot.

Follow-up No. 2:

Like some others, we were having trouble getting the lid on and off the carafe. My genius husband discovered that if you put a drop of salad oil on your finger and rub it all around the O-ring at the top of the lid, it works waaaaay better!

Buy Cuisinart DCC-2750 Extreme Brew 10-Cup Thermal Programmable Coffeemaker Now

The "extreme brew" functions work well: coffee tastes delicious. However, the reviews criticizing the carafe (difficulty pouring completely and keeping coffee warm) match my experience and have been frustrating. Also, the design of the top door require pulling the coffee maker out from under the cupboard every time we want to fill or empty grinds and water which is a daily irritation though a mild one. I am grateful that it uses a carafe since it eliminates the hot plate cooking the leftover coffee but wish it were more substantial and the bulky, square design has no justification given the flaws mentioned earlier. It is a disappointment but I did buy it from a different seller so I didn''t have a chance to read these reviews or I would''ve been warned. (Update) Having lived with this appliance several months now, I would upgrade my rating from 3 to 4 stars, since, though my original criticisms are still valid, I have been very pleased with the taste of our coffee when brewed with this machine, a marked improvement over the Braun (with hot plate) that was our coffee maker for fifteen years previous.

Read Best Reviews of Cuisinart DCC-2750 Extreme Brew 10-Cup Thermal Programmable Coffeemaker Here

I purchased this Cuisinart coffee maker for my husband as a birthday present bundle also purchased a Mr. Coffee bean grinder and 8 O''Clock 100% Columbian whole bean coffee. I have to say, after reading the other reviews, I can''t make the same complaints. I think the reviews are just being overly critical of the machine. I have no problems with my machine and use it every day to make at least 3 pots of coffee a day. If you want a good, solid coffee maker that brews an excellent pot of coffee, then this is the one for you. If you want it to brew itself, this ain''t for you. It is simple and easy to use. It definitely isn''t your $9.97 special from WalMart but I think, for what it does, the price is worth every penny. You won''t be disappointed.

Want Cuisinart DCC-2750 Extreme Brew 10-Cup Thermal Programmable Coffeemaker Discount?

Having this coffeemaker saves me 15 minutes of prep in the morning. It''s nice waking up to coffee already made. The operation is easy, setting the timer, pouring. No problem with overflows. The only thing I''ve noticed is our coffee isn''t as hot as we''re used to. If I don''t drink the whole cup in the five minutes after I pour it, it cools off pretty quick. Not sure if there''s a way to fix this other than reheating the coffee on the stove. Other than that, I''m pleased with this kitchen device!

Save 51% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment