KDF 55 Filtration Media for Chlorine

KDF 55 Filtration Media for Chlorine, Heavy Metal, Bacteria, Iron Removal
  • KDF process media to safely reduce or remove chlorine, iron, heavy metals, bacteria
  • Great additive for filter tanks, use 5-10 pounds in a standard whole house filter carbon tank
  • Removes 99% of chlorine and heavy metals in your water
  • Natural, no chemicals, long lasting
  • Patented KDF process media are 100 percent recyclable and contain no chemical additives

I ordered the KDF85 & 55 together and it came together in the same package, so I will write one review for both products. Years ago I installed a whole house filter using two 20-inch Big Blue pre-filter stages. The first is for the sediment filter and the second stage originally was a carbon block filter. Well anything with carbon, as you know, will get fouled with time. My sediment filter was still working but my carbon block filter had become clogged and started leaking from the sides. So I decided to forego anything with carbon in it. I went ahead and bought an "Empty Refillable Filter Cartridge for 20" Big Blue Housing," also from Amazon; you can do a search and see it for yourself.

I had plan to purchase 5 pounds of both KDF 85 & 55, but I forgot to update my cart and ended up with only one pound of KDF 85. LOL.

I''m glad when you buy a certain poundage of media they always give you a little more than what you ordered.

The packaging is a little disconcerning. Both items together were way over 6 pounds! Yet it was sent in a post office priority box with very little cushioning. The crumbled up brown paper that was to act as shipping cushioning had all been smashed flat by the heavy media. When the box arrived, it had a very large gash on the side of the box. I was really afraid the contents inside were damaged. The only saving grace was that both the media were wrapped in thick bubble wrap. I do wish they had label the bags, the only way I figured it out was KDF85 was a pound and KDF55 was five pounds. If they were the same, I wouldn''t have known. Also be careful of unrolling the media from their bags, one bag didn''t have a ziplock top; I almost spilled it.

Post Script: Keep in mind KDF55 only removes Chlorine and NOT Chloramine. You have to look at your individual city water report to see if your city adds Chloramine to your water supply. Chloramine is like the ugly step-sister of Chlorine. Unfortunately, my city does add Chloramine. In order to remove Chloramine, you would have to buy media with coconut or walnut shells in it, I believe (don''t quote me on that though).

Buy KDF 55 Filtration Media for Chlorine Now

I''ve used this product together with kdf 85 to removed the sulfuric smell and arsenic in our water. It worked well and as advertised, the only downside to this product is the price. :-( but i highly recommend this product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment