iSpring 75GPD 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis RO Water Filter System Save 34% Off

iSpring 75GPD 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis RO Water Filter System with Booster Pump #RCC7P, Compare to RO5P-WF, RO-PUMP, Aquatec ® RO585P
  • Perfect for low water pressure place, minimum required pressure is 30PSI
  • Booster pump is able to increase the production of purified water and improve the quality of water
  • Removes chlorine, fluoride, heavy metals, such as barium, cadmium, chromium, lead and mercury.
  • Free upgrade with Luxury Faucet ($30 retail value).
  • All filters and membrane are standard 10" size, very affordable for replacements

Overall, I am happy with this filter.

Like any plumbing project, it was a bit of a chore to install. The instructions were rudimentary, especially concerning the hose fitting. I broke one, until I understood, how they worked after the fact.

But I had to go to the store anyway, since the hoses were very short! And they even suggested installing it in the crawl space not with the hoses provided!

After going through the hassles of more hoses and a fitting replacement, the unit has worked very well for a two months now, providing ample capacity and great quality water.

Buy this unit, look up online instructions for the plastic fittings, and get extra hose and you will be happy!

Buy iSpring 75GPD 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis RO Water Filter System Now

I have been a user of purified water for most of 40 years. Much of that was where I have worked but the last 10 years have been for home use. I live in Northern Indiana where water is pumped out of the ground and requires at least softening to avoid turning clothes orange. I bought a water still for producing home made rain water (not acid rain). I have used the water still to produce hundreds of gallons of drinking water each year.

I found that softened water is not the best way to keep house plants happy and growing well. Initially, I used distilled water for my plants and added a balanced fertilizer for regular feeding. Since it takes about 1 kilowatt-hour to product a quart of distilled water the cost of taking care of the plants was getting higher than I wanted (the plants used 5 to 10 gallons a week). I thought about using an RO water system for producing my plant water but held off since I don''t have very high water pressure. Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought the iSpring 75 GPD RO System with Booster Pump. I was able to install it under one of the sinks in the house by following the installation book and clarifying details online through YouTube videos. It helped that I had already tapped into the water line for automatic refilling of my water still. I turned on the water pressure and heard the water flowing into the cartridges. However, there was nothing coming out of the faucet. My water pressure was too low, just as I had feared. I plugged in the power to the booster pump and water immediately started flowing from the faucet. I flushed out the storage solution, as instructed in the manual, then started filling the storage tank. After about 40 minutes the pump shut down with my tank full with 2 gallons of RO water.

Now, one of the problems with RO water is that the RO cartridge can plug with calcium if water is used straight out of the water main or well head. You can greatly extend the life of the RO cartridge if you soften the water first. A good water softener will remove most or all of the hardness and replace it with an element that doesn''t plug an RO cartridge. The main problem with softened water is that it''s like taking an antacid every time you drink a glass of water. That''s why I started using distilled water for drinking and cooking. Depending on your water source you will drink softened water with a large dose of salt and/or baking soda. It''s not very tasty. If your RO unit is working well then you will remove almost all this salt and give water that is very pure.

Why did I go into all the stuff in the last paragraph? I had a sample of water from before and after my RO unit tested for hardness and salt as sodium. The analysis result showed that there was no detectable hardness (calcium and magnesium less than 50 ppb) and the sodium dropped to 6 ppm which worked out to a removal rate of greater than 97 percent. It''s as good as a commercial unit.

Am I happy with my unit? You bet I am. I spent a little extra for the booster pump and used an existing water softener to get great water for use around the house. The booster pump uses 30 watts for 5 minutes to get a quart of RO water. That''s a power cost savings of greater than 99%. Some people have complained that there is a huge hidden cost from the discarded mineral rich water that goes down the drain. The system runs down the drain 2 and one-half cups of water per minute to produce just over three-fourths of a cup of RO water. I''m sorry but a open tap runs a lot more water than that. How long do you run the water to get hot water out the tap? I save at least $2-4 a week on my electricity bill to get 5-10 gallons of RO water similar to distilled water. That means my RO system is paid for in 1-2 years or even faster when I use more water. The cost of replacement cartridges is less than $20 per year. It''s a great deal! Thanks iSpring and thanks Amazon!

Read Best Reviews of iSpring 75GPD 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis RO Water Filter System Here

I purchased the iSpring 75GPD 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis RO Water Filter System with Booster Pump in October 2010. We have had the system in use for almost a year. The system was easy to install and everything required was included. I installed the system on a wall in my basement under the kitchen. I chose this location because it is much easier to install/check/change filters. Most installations for these types of systems are usually under the kitchen sink, but I feel it is better if one has the option to locate it somewhere like the basement or a closet/pantry near the kitchen sink (filter replacement can be difficult if located in cramped quarters). The system works perfectly and provides excellent tasting/purified filtered water for any purpose. I live on a farm in North Dakota and the well water we use is OK for bathroom/laundry/kitchen use, but the taste is a bit on the alkaline side. This system has completely changed the taste and quality of our drinking water and I highly recommend this system and feel it is the best on the market!

Want iSpring 75GPD 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis RO Water Filter System Discount?

Had to have a unit when I learned our water contained high levels of Radiation!

Could not believe how cheap the unit was when it was priced! Was sceptable! Wow was I wrong!

The EPA recommends you have a RO Unit and Carbon charcoal filter to remove all radiation from drinking water

and this unit had both! When I opened the box there was a lot there (scared me a little) but i read the directions

and with a drill and a pair of pliars i hooked it up myself in an hour! pluged it in works great! I have had the

Unit for over a year now and still works great, the unit was so cheap that i bought 2 years worth of filters!

Thanks to the people at 123filters.com it really is a great product. everybody in america should have one!

My tap water measured over 50 CPM of radiation with this unit it measures 1-2... you literally saved my family.

I left this same review under another unit when I realized that the other one did not have the pump. this is the

unit I had purched. it is great!

Save 34% Off

This is literally my first review but I had to start somewhere. Of all the products I''ve purchased on Amazon I probably use this one the most. I was a little hesitant at first when I purchased this because I wasn''t sure about the brand name but luckily it had only good reviews even though there were only 2 reviews at the time of purchasing it. I went ahead and purchased it anyway and I am very pleased I did so. The set up was pretty easy, it would have went a lot smoother if I was a little more experienced in household plumbing, it came with all of the parts that I needed to hook it up under my sink but the instructions should have been a lot clearer.

I work with large industrial Reverse Osmosis (RO) trains at work, in my opinion buying any reverse osmosis with a booster pump is a must. In theory it should boost efficiency and increase output pressure. I cannot say if that is true for sure though because I''ve never used a residential RO without a booster pump. Where I live we get very hard water, the incoming Hardness is 349ppm the conductivity is 1052uS/cm and the total dissolved solids is 687ppm. I took a sample of the water from my RO to work and tested it and the hardness was just shy of 50ppm, the conductivity was 110uS/cm and the total dissolved solids was 63ppm. That in my opinion is roughly 10x cleaner than the water I''d be drinking normally. The only thing I''d like to see or find out which I could probably measure myself but don''t out of laziness is how much water this model wastes (concentrate to the sink drain) versus other models (larger models, and models without a booster pump for example) there should be a ratio or percentage that an RO has to waste water in order to produce clean water. If I remember correctly websites advocating that RO filters waste water claim that they require waste 50% 90% of the water that it uses. I feel like this model is on the lower scale but it definitely isn''t as efficient as the stuff we use at work.

On a side note, this model supplies enough pressure to share the output with my refrigerator/ice maker, I''ve routed it through 25ft of 1/4" tubing and it still makes normal sized ice cubes but the water pressure at the fridge is a little lower than if I was using incoming city water and the supplied inline filter that is in the fridge (it is currently removed to help with the pressure).

0 comments:

Post a Comment