Kalorik Cordless Electric Kettle Save 47% Off

Kalorik Cordless Electric Kettle, Stainless SteelWell, we''re not loving this kettle quite as much as we did originally, but here''s what we do love :

(+) It allows you to pre-set and -when you click the ''keep warm'' button -maintain the recommended temperatures for coffee (200F) and 4 types of tea (212F, 195F, 185F and 175F), with an additional 8 lower settings down to 104F if needed.

(+) It sports a large and impressively accurate temperature read-out , as verified by our 2 cooking thermometers; but maybe we just got lucky, judging by one or two less happy reviews!

(+) It can heat up to 3½ pints of water at a time (though that gets kinda heavy to handle comfortably), and in considerably less time than it used to take on the stove.

But what we don''t love, as others have also pointed out, is that :

(-) A little over 6 months after we got it we too started seeing small but unmistakable rust spots on the steel body where its ''protective coating'' was beginning to fail.

(-) The pop-up lid is annoyingly hit-and-miss, in that you have to push / tap it in just the right spot and with just the right pressure to get it to open, and the fact that it''s not removable makes it awfully hard to clean the inside.

(-) The beeps to let you know that the water''s at the selected temperature are, yes indeed, pitifully faint.

But having researched electric kettles for a while before buying this and been scared away from many by warnings about them falling apart and/or smelling of burning plastic (yikes!), this one has an all steel body and seems to be reasonably well made. And while the lid, handle and base are all made of black plastic, presumably to reduce weight and help prevent people from burning themselves (another complaint we read about other kettles), none of this plastic need ever come into contact with the heated water since the spout is part of the steel body. Which just leaves the clear silicon gasket around the metal temperature sensor, which is presumably/hopefully (!) rated for boiling water and is obviously necessary to prevent leaks.

But the fact that this supposedly ''Belgian'' kettle is actually made in China is obviously disappointing, so I''ll be pleasantly surprised if -given its impressive range of settings and rather modest pricing -ours manages to stand the test of time. Plus, it comes as no surprise to have it confirmed by those tell-tale rust spots that it''s made of lower grade 18/0 stainless steel, as against non-rusting 18/10 (18% chromium + 10% nickel), and therefore tends to depend on a rust-resistant clear-coat of some kind, as this one does, which is bound to fail over time. But as far as I could tell from my research pretty much every electric kettle out there is now made in China (sigh), and this one definitely seems to be among the best of a rather sorry bunch -specially if you''re a tea lover. And, as I said, despite its flaws we''re still pretty happy with it.

I have looked at and researched a lot of heated water pots for my tea making. This one struck my eye given its cost and its digital temperature control.

First thing I REALLY like is that the temperature sensor is a metal thermal couple, not some hidden or plastic probe. The entire pot is stainless steel including the probe.

I do NOT care for the push button lid release to fill the pot. once it gets warm it requires a minor coaxing to open, however when cool, it always opens. I have used the dickens out of this unit for a week and I find from straight out of the tap to boil in roughly 8 minutes, reheat to boil from say ~120-135° is under 2 minutes. I totally love it and even if it only lasts me a year it will be replaced with another one just like it.

Buy Kalorik Cordless Electric Kettle Now

This Kettle works great. The temperature is easy to set, water heats quickly and I appreciate that there is no plastic in the chamber that boils the water (aside from the lid). I''m giving this four stars because the lid is not always easy to open because the button on mine often sticks. I wish that the digital controls were on the side of the kettle so that the lid could be opened and closed with your thumb and without the latch a tight spring loaded lid would be preferred. I also don''t like that I can''t check the temperature while it''s boiling but overall I''m very happy with this Kalorik product.

Read Best Reviews of Kalorik Cordless Electric Kettle Here

I spent a LOT of time looking for an adjustable temperature kettle -I love to drink green tea, white tea, and mate....BUT so many of the other kettles had parts made of BPA that would come in contact with the hot (almost boiling) water. Not worth the risk.

This great little kettle allows you to choose from various temperature settings....precision probably isn''t perfect but it''s certainly good enough for my needs! My green and white teas brew up nicely, with no bitterness.

Fast heating time....and a "keep warm" function in case you''re heating up your water while, e.g. taking a shower and can''t be there AT THE EXACT MOMENT the water is done heating up.

Another reviewer claims that it has rust spots. Huh? Who knows if that''s true or not, but I''ve had mine for a few months now, I use it almost every day, and I have seen no rust.

And the reasonable $70 price point just seals the deal.....

Very pleased with this product! (and sipping a morning cup of mate as I write this) :) :) :)

Want Kalorik Cordless Electric Kettle Discount?

I wanted a kettle with no plastic in contact with the water & was happy to find this. In addition it''s been designed to heat to a variety of temperatures which I wanted for my press coffee maker. Alas the model I received misbehaved from the get-go, with the temperature display (nice idea) bearing no relationship to the actual water temperature. The ''beep when ready'' was almost inaudible, pity because that too seemed a nice feature. I liked the idea of being able to select a temperature myself, but it seems they''re pre-set (e.g. 212, 205, 200, etc.).

Save 47% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment