Mr. Coffee FTTX85 10-Cup Thermal Programmable Coffeemaker

Mr. Coffee FTTX85 10-Cup Thermal Programmable CoffeemakerWe have had one of these for quite a while now, and love it. As with any thermal carafe, you need to warm up the thing in order to make sure it keeps your coffee hot. Of course, you dont want to make coffee with hot water, so I fill the thermos half way with hot water, then the rest of the way with cold. This primes the thermos properly, and my coffee stays piping hot for hours.

This coffee maker has a control for "strong" brew, which is great, because I can make a proper cup this way. Also, it comes with a "water filter" that sits on top of the coffee basket. This has the added effect of keeping the grounds in the filter better, so I can almost fill the basket with grounds, without having them end up in my cup. The result of these 2 features is that I can make an amazingly strong pot of coffee, just the way I like it.

The timer dial is a bit trippy, but has worked just fine for us.

Overall, I would have to say this is one of the best coffee makers I have ever used, and the price point makes it an excellent value.

I strongly recommend this product.

I just bought this machine,and I haven''t had any trouble with it. The timer worked beautifully, it brewed excellent coffee, and kept it piping hot for the two hours I took to have a few cups. There was no spillage, but it is new. It did all it claimed to do.

Buy Mr. Coffee FTTX85 10-Cup Thermal Programmable Coffeemaker Now

The subject of motivation is an interesting one, people are far more likely to write a bad review than a good one, because anger & frustration are better motivators than pleasure and happiness. So you see a great deal of "lemon reviews." Granted, most companies that outsource their customer service are going to get a bad review, because when no one at a call center understands English outside their little script, it is impossible to get any customer service.

That said, I will now review this product. I purchased this coffee maker as a Christmas Present for my wife. My first impression of it was of annoying beeps and a strange sonar type clock. I have come to appreciate it far more than I did on the first day. First thing, the coffee comes out hot, so don''t let a few broken product reviews throw you. Second thing is that the coffee stays hot due to the Thermal Carafe that this product is equipped with. The annoying beeps I originally complained about let you know #1. That the coffee is done brewing, and #2. Two hours later when the coffee is going to start cooling. The sonar screen is just a standard analog clock that lets you set brew times for early mornings when you might not have time (or really, any other time of day you wish to brew coffee).

All in all, it''s a good product the works fine for me. 4 months of use and it still produces a good cup of coffee.

Read Best Reviews of Mr. Coffee FTTX85 10-Cup Thermal Programmable Coffeemaker Here

You would think by now that MR Coffee would learn from their mistakes or even test their product before putting it out on the market.

The first stainless steel one that I bought was nice for awhile. Loved the fact that you can take the carafe to the table with you. Then the coffee began to drip down the side when you poured it and eventually after about one year the fancy flat button panel quit working. Now this particular maker is going straight back to the store after the second time trying to brew a pot. The coffee grounds and water over flows the basket and goes down into the sides and then all over your counter.

I gave it 1 star for the appearance and the fact that it is has a 10 oz carafe instead of an 8 oz like it''s older cousin. But what good is having good looks if it can''t perform? And, when is someone going to come out with a 12 oz cafe like the old glass counterpart?

Want Mr. Coffee FTTX85 10-Cup Thermal Programmable Coffeemaker Discount?

Ok, I''ve had this coffee maker for about 6 months. It''s never gotten the coffee very hot and forget drinking it straight from the pot after about 10 minutes; the coffee is just warm. Every cup of coffee is headed for the microwave for 30 seconds to get it warm enough to drink. The coffee tastes ok however and the pot looks great and matches the other stainless steel in the kitchen; that must have been what seduced me. I''ve had two occurances of basket overflow malfunction which ruined a rug in the kitchen and wrecked the clock display on the coffee maker. I doubt I can return this pretty but rather lame coffee maker at this point and there is so much metal and plastic on the unit I don''t want to throw it away. I wish there was a recycle option for these units. I''ll go back to a nice $10 walgreens unit! I hope this is helpful. I give it one star for looks. Don''t buy it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment