100 GPD Reverse Osmosis 6 Stage Permeate Pump & UV sterilizer

100 GPD Reverse Osmosis 6 Stage Permeate Pump & UV sterilizerGeneral construction notes: The filter housings are standard 10" with CLEAR caps on all 3 positions (not just the first = dirtiest position) they are screwed to a metal (remember that stuff?) housing to hold the unit together. The tank is a standard RO "bladder" style tank and the membrane is mounted above, horizontally along with the uv lamp and the refrigerator style taste finishing filter which is the last item the water goes to before the faucet / ice maker. I find that this build quality is superior to other RO systems on the market which use subsized filters resulting in faster filter changeouts and or mount the RO membrane vertically after only one filter (this RO membrane sees 3 filters and one pressure boost pump between it and city water which should make the membrane last longer)

at my home, My feedwater is measuring about 300 ppm with the HM Digital DL-1 Dual TDS Meter MTR-TDS-DM1-0-9990-4 With my old funky design RO system I got 200-210 ppm at the output faucet. That''s not alot of reduction for all the drain wastewater. As a point of comparison the "hard" water at my parents'' home is 100 ppm, so mine is 3 times worse than their "hard" water! Previous RO systems gave me about 40 ppm output water. This is a bit more complex as a 6 stage system. I chose it for a few reasons:

1 the clear housings on all 3 filters make it easy to see when any filter needs changing

2 the permeate pump recyles the output (drain) water to more quickly fill the tank, increases tank and membrane pressure, and uses no power.

3 it uses a UV lamp to kill bacteria in the output line if you ever took apart a filter system of any kind you''d like this feature!

4 the nonelectric pump cuts down the time to regenerate. Regeneration time to full pressure is about equal to time that the valve is open running water.

Nitpicks:

The UV lamp is ALWAYS on, making the water in that chamber hotter than the rest. I would replumb it so that the sterilization happens before the storage tank so as to avoid the small slug of hot water that sits all day/night surrounded by the lamp. The lamp is rated for 1gpm flow and 1 year life. I do not see it going any faster than 1gpm so it should be effective, just expect your first water to be warm.

The nonelectric pump is powered by the brine solution and is setup in a rotary manner while most RO systems trickle the brine out the pump squirts large volumes of brine as it pressurizes the storage tank on the other side. You can hear the clicking as each chamber is filled and drained as a result. I might possibly switch to an electric pump that cuts off at some given pressure which would give a continuous flow instead of a burst flow.

Neither of these are significant enough to impair the performance of the system just things to note about the design.

Likes:

This system comes with 3 clear standard size filter chambers, while most all others are sub sized (1/2 the size) white plastic. The result is that you can see how much "junk" from the city water supply is being trapped by the first filter and you can use standard filters not these downsized ones for smaller systems. (mine has a significant accumulation of specs of copper and green stuff after just 2 days / 12 gallons!) I think this will lead to much better filter changes at the right time.

The UV system is made of uv proof plastic with an end piece that lets you know the lamp is working. It''s a smart design, but re-lamping 1x/year means you must buy the same lamp assy which could be difficult. I may re-do the whole UV section in stainless steel when the time comes.

Both of these potential changes are easy since the hoses are standard 1/4" and use the press fit connectors. Just turn off the water and drain the tank first!

Summary -

Taking 300 ppm down to 15 ppm TDS (total disolved solids) is a huge change in the taste of the water. My old system was beginning to taste bad which is why I bought this unit. You can go to 7 stages and get Deionized water, used in the semiconductor industry, which is technically 0.00 TDS and acts as a solvent (i.e. you would not want to drink it but it will sure clean parts for ya.) At 15 ppm the water tastes good, and will not strip out your stomach lining like DI water would, so I advise against 7 stage deionized water systems. I found this system ideal and much better made than other RO units I have used. I expect a longer service life from the clear filterunits so I know when to change them.

I had a plumber install the unit and was very glad that I did because there were some leaks that I would not have known how to fix. He had to trim the ends of the tubing and reinsert them into the fittings because a few of the connections leaked. The ends of the tubing were not cleanly trimmed. Also, the fittings are plastic and you have to be really careful not to overtighten them -which would have been my inclination to fix the leaks. Overall, it is a good RO/UV system for a reasonable price.

Buy 100 GPD Reverse Osmosis 6 Stage Permeate Pump & UV sterilizer Now

I received the package promptly but as soon as i opened it I realized I was missing parts. I called the customer service and they were very polite and sent the missing bag of parts out right away. Good customer service! Once the unit was hooked up and the first tank of water drained we tried the water and were very happy. We normally get our water from our Cupboard natural foods store but it gets old toting the 5 gallon jugs around. The water tastes just like the water out of the oversized R.O. unit at the cupboard. All parts are made well and I especially like that all the housings are clear. Why shouldn''t you get to see the shape of the filter before removing/ contaminating them?The permeate pump does make some noise and the first half glass of water is a bit warm from sitting under the UV light, but other than that we are 100% happy with the purchase. They also label all the connections to make setup easy. Even the pets love it :p

Read Best Reviews of 100 GPD Reverse Osmosis 6 Stage Permeate Pump & UV sterilizer Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment