The Sharper Image EV-HD10 Cool Mist Ultrasonic 1-Gallon Humidifier

The Sharper Image EV-HD10 Cool Mist Ultrasonic 1-Gallon Humidifier with Clean Mist TechnologyI purchased this ultrasonic humidifier a year ago for my two boys, who seem to always be congested either with colds or seasonal allergies or due to the dry air from our A/C. Prior to having this one, we went through a couple humidifiers (either warm or cool mist) a season because they either broke down, didn''t do a good enough job, leaked, or were too difficult to clean. This humidifier works like a DREAM and is so very VERY easy to clean. I love that I can turn the dial to output the desired amount of mist. It''s super quiet, too. I know others have said they''ve had problems with theirs being too noisy or becoming noisy after awhile, but I have not experienced that problem. I''ve also read that some complain about the demineralization cartridge not working for as long as stated or costing too much. I can agree and sympathize there, but folks...you don''t have to buy that cartridge. Just use distilled water. It does the same job, and you can pick up the gallong jugs from your grocery store. While this humidifier IS easy to clean, the manufacturer recommends you do clean the water tank every two to three weeks as well as the water inlet and ultrasonic nebulizer, which are behind a panel that pops off. Don''t forget that little bit of maintenance; it''s important. I have to say, I LOVE that there are no mold issues with this humidifier compared to other cheaper ones I have used. All in all, after having gone through a multitude of humidifiers before purchasing this one I would recommend it hands down. Best humidifier purchase yet!

With winter upon us, my wife and I initially bought a standard humidifier that boils the water into a warm vapor. It worked well at getting the air "moist" and raising the temperature of the room a bit but having to refill AND clean the thing on almost a daily basis was way too annoying. It also made a small, but decent amount of noise when the water was bubbling. In the end, the tank got a small crack which threw off the pressure, so it leaked everywhere.

Fast forward to our new Sharper Image humidifier. Filled up the tank, plugged it in, and instantaneous mist! I probably played with the thing for 5min just amazed at the ultrasonic technology. There literally is just a tiny plate that vibrates with such a high frequency that it creates this misty, fog like stream of vapor. The different level settings work out well to it''s not a simply high, med, low it''s a turn dial so it''s easy to get it at the exact output you''re looking for. We''ve found that a mid-high level will keep the bedroom at a nice humidity and the tank lasts about 3-4 days (running only at night). Noise level is almost silent. The best part? The inside doesn''t get a disgusting since it''s ultrasonic so no more daily cleaning! After a month of use I opened the thing up to scrub it down, and there was barely any residue or film to clean. The negatives? You will get the "white dust" around the room if you don''t put demineralization tablets in a on monthly basis, and having a cool mist can be a little chilling in the winter until your heating catches up with it. All in all we highly recommend this humidifier.

The GOOD:

-Super quiet

-Tank lasts 3-4 days when run at night, med level

-Minimal to no cleaning required

-Keeps our air humid but not saturated

-Very customizable level

-Night light for the kids

The BAD:

-Need demineralization tablets or white dust becomes a problem

-Cool mist in winter is brisk

-Nasty green sticker on the front is ugly and takes time to take off

Buy The Sharper Image EV-HD10 Cool Mist Ultrasonic 1-Gallon Humidifier Now

I bought this at Bed, Bath and Beyond in October for use after sinus surgery. Initially, is was silent, but after about 12 nights of use, started making a whirring fan noise which is disturbing when you are trying to sleep. Turned it on one night and the noise was so loud (like an electric lawn mower sound), I returned it to the store and they gave me another one. Last night, I turned the new one on and it was silent for about 1 hour, then the new one started making the whirring noise. This is not acceptable so I will give The Sharper Image one more chance as I really do like the mist it throws off. I am returning the 2nd one this weekend and will get a 3rd. Hope this one works as stated in the advertising. My daughter has the same model and has had no problems with it for the 4 or so months she''s had it.

Read Best Reviews of The Sharper Image EV-HD10 Cool Mist Ultrasonic 1-Gallon Humidifier Here

Humidifiers seems to only last one season in my house but are almost a requirement for my family''s allergies. We''ve had Honeywells, Holmes and Crane models. They have all been insanely hard to clean, noisy and/or difficult to fill. I couldn''t be happier with the Sharper Image model!

1. The light has a nice glow to it for a good night-light in my daughter''s room. It can be turned off though for the master bedroom where we don''t want an extra light while we''re trying to sleep.

2. It is very quiet. In my bedroom, it is about 2 feet from my head on my bedside table and I really don''t notice it. If I concentrate, I can hear the soft sound of the mist coming out as well as the slightest gurgle now and then (about as loud as gently tapping a key on a computer keyboard 2-3 times).

3. Cleaning has not been an issue. It even came with a demineralizing tab to put in the tank to keep the water from causing a chalky build-up. Water does sit in the base when the tank has emptied, so I try to wipe out the excess every week or so.

4. Though the tank doesn''t fit perfectly in the bathroom sink to fill it, it is doable. All of the other ones I''ve had needed to be filled either in the tub or the kitchen sink.

5. The tank runs all night and into the day at half setting (perfect for a standard bedroom). The box says 8 hours per tank which is probably what it runs when at a higher setting.

6. This was one of the top-rated humidifiers on Consumer Reports. That should tell you something!

I''ve only been using the first for a month and the second for half that, but I am thrilled. I have a good feeling these will make it completely through the winter and be ready for next year! Highly, highly, highly recommended!

Want The Sharper Image EV-HD10 Cool Mist Ultrasonic 1-Gallon Humidifier Discount?

We like this humidifier but are discouraged at the price of the cartridges, which must be replaced every 30-40 fillings. $20 a cartridge is expensive. They keep the machines from building up minerals on the inside.

1 comments:

Victoria Martinez said...

These points are to be noted. These services must be under taken before winter. In order to safe yours HVAC unit. Heating and Cooling Hamilton

Post a Comment