La Pavoni PA-1200 Napolitana Stainless Steel Automatic Espresso Machine Save 18% Off

La Pavoni PA-1200 Napolitana Stainless Steel Automatic Espresso MachineLa Pavoni PA-1200 Napolitana Stainless Steel Automatic Espresso Machine

This is my third machine in 12 years. My first machine was a Krups Novo with a thermal heat block and a back pressure or modified filter holder. My second machine was a Starbucks Barista with a stainless steel boiler but also with a back pressure filter holders which produce a simulated espresso. The La Pavoni Napoletana is the real thing. You can''t make or buy a better espresso.

This is an excellent espresso machine for the starter or the advanced barista. Heats up quickly and the heavy brass boiler, brass head and filter holder keep the machine ready for use. Consistently pulls espresso with a nice crema. The steam function provides plenty of steam to whip up thick frothed milk for cappuccinos. The grinder is easy to adjust maybe a little loud and holds enough beans for about 14 shots. The grinder isn''t centered over the filter so you need to hold the filter tipped towards the back to keep the coffee in the holder. The machine is solid stainless steel, the drip trays are plastic but good enough. The reservoir holds 3 liters and is a little tight to remove and replace. The pump supplies plenty of pressure. I use the grinder setting between 5 4 depending on the bean.

Note: If you want a real espresso machine stay away from the machines with thermal heat blocks or steel boilers and any machine that uses a back pressure or modified filter holders isn''t going to make a real espresso.

October 2011 Update: Well, I''ve been using this machine for 4 years now. 200 pounds of coffee beans and 4400 shots of espresso later the machine is still going steady. The plastic buttons are a little worn and the plastic bean reservoir has yellowed a little but the pump still puts out and the boiler heats as fast as ever. I now use the grinder setting between 4 3.5, (probably a sign of wear). I''ll post another update in 2015 or sooner if the machine gives out.

Having used a roomate''s decent Starbucks Barrista for a year, then suffering through a horrible Krups model (which I returned in disgust), I knew that when I finally got around to buying an espresso machine, I wanted a quality machine at a reasonable price. A strong pump and good innards are required to make an espresso with beautiful golden foam. I adore cappucino so require a good steamer that makes excellent foam. And I didn''t have an espresso grinder (but know that proper fine grind is CRITICAL). No one knows coffee like the Italians, so buying one made there was also preferable. As I did my research the LaPavoni Napolitana fit all my requirements.

I am completely and utterly besotted with this machine! It is perfect for those looking for a quality machine without breaking the bank. As far as I''m concerned the makers didn''t skimp on any essentials. Right from my first shot, this machine brewed the perfect espresso. It''s very easy to learn and use. Also very easy to maintain and keep clean.

Also, disregard the comments about the water reservoir being difficult to remove and refill. Mine was absolutely not difficult to remove and I''m a 100-lb-weakling type! I HIGHLY recommend this machine to anyone considering purchasing one. Every shot is perfect. I am addicted beyond all description, but it matters not, as I''m always a few short steps a way from a affordable, quality crack... er, espresso!

Buy La Pavoni PA-1200 Napolitana Stainless Steel Automatic Espresso Machine Now

I knew I had to have an espresso machine after using a friends Starbucks Barrista but that machine proved hard to find... guess it''s discontinued, so I opted for a Starbucks Serena which was a huge disappointment!! I promptly returned the Serena and ordered the Napolitana instead.

I went out to meet the UPS truck, and as I signed for my new machine, the UPS lady let the box tumble down the stairs of her truck and onto the ground..urgh!!

I eagerly unpacked the new machine, plugged it in, followed the directions to prime it, got steam...but no pump!! I was so disappointed!! I started to fill out the Amazon return form, but decided to sleep on it. The next morning I pulled out a screw driver, thinking that something had jiggled loose from the poor UPS handling, and after removing 2 screws and carefully prying the top off, I found that the wiring harness had slid off the pump. I pushed it back on, marveled at the simplicity of the parts inside, and had it put back together and brewing great espresso in 5 minutes (I don''t know that I would recommend doing this, as I probably voided the warranty, but who''s going to know :) ).

I brewed a great espresso the first time I used the machine, and am getting a little better with each one. I like the fact that I can make adjustments with the grinder, and adjust how much pressure I use with the tamper, and thereby have control over the quality of my crema, and the strength of the coffee. Even though I am a novice barrista, I like the fact that this machine allows me to learn and get better.

The quality of the machine seems excellent. The stainless steel looks great and is easy to clean. The portafilter is heavy and stays hot for a long time. The steam frother works great. The grinder is noisy, but I''ve never used one that wasn''t. I look forward to using this machine for years and years.

Read Best Reviews of La Pavoni PA-1200 Napolitana Stainless Steel Automatic Espresso Machine Here

we''ve had this machine a few years now, bought on the suggestion of a friend who had one who bought because his friend did lots of research and decided this is the best machine on the market. My mom also has this machine. She bought hers after buying another $500 machine that just did not stack up to this and ended up giving that machine away to buy the LaPavoni. Great crema every time (you do it right). It''s true there is a steep learning curve with this machine. It takes weeks to dial the burr grinder in exactly, depending on your bean, elevation, time of year, etc. Also how hard to tamp the coffee is super important. There is a built in tamper, but you can''t really get the leverage you need to tamp it hard enough, so buy a $5 tamper to go with it. Coffee is an art form and this is your brush! Just don''t expect spectacular results right out of the box, if that''s what you want get a "pod" machine, wuss. But for aficionados who can afford it, this is the one to get.

Want La Pavoni PA-1200 Napolitana Stainless Steel Automatic Espresso Machine Discount?

I have owned one of these machines for about 5 months. I''d say it is well worth the money especially considering it has a built in grinder that works well. I''ve used many different blends of coffee and have learned that the grind is super important. If you are not able to pull a nice shot with good crema then you don''t have the right grind. This machine also requires a nice firm tamping and the proper amount of space left in the porta filter before you lock and load. The weak points are 1. The steamer: It is not powerful enough for nice tight micro foam. That said using the adaptor you can make a nice foam that tastes great. 2. The lack of temperature adjustment. 3. The normal single boiler woes.

This is a great starter/intermediate machine for someone who is not ready for the financial commitment of a prosumer machine in the $2000 range. It is reliable, efficient, great looking and easy to use once you figure out the items mentioned above. It taught me a lot about espresso making and frothing.

Save 18% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment